My Integrative Approach & Qualifications
Over the years, I’ve studied a wide variety of therapeutic approaches, some formally, some to support my own healing journey, some based on personal interest and consequently developed a comprehensive integrative approach.
I teased out (and personally tested) the most helpful practices from every field I’ve explored. As a result I created my own unique system of guiding people through their healing and growth.
I’ve been searching for a deeper meaning to life since I was a teenager. This subsequently led me to study Psychology. To clarify Psychology translates as “Study of the Soul”. However, most modern approaches to Psychology are devoid of spirituality. It seemed paradoxical, so I had to explore it eslewhere.
My spiritual and scientific studies ran in parallel. While at work, I was relying heavily on evidence-based approaches, at the same time in my private life I was fascinated by all things alternative and spiritual. Now, I no longer separate one from the other. My current integrative approach makes me more authentic, but most importantly it means that now I can help a much wider group of people!
The professional trainings which inform my comprehensive approach:
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Individual Approaches
- Visualisations and Imagery Re-Scripting
- Psychedelic Integration and Preparation
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Functional Medicine and Nutrition
- Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy
In addition to my formal studies, my comprehensive approach is also influenced by insights from:
- Transpersonal Psychology and Perennial Philosophy
- Ancient Wisdom & Contemplative Traditions
- Shadow Archetypes and Inner Child Work
- Ayurveda, Yoga and Chakra Therapy
- Quantum Physics and Non-Duality
- Altered States of Consciousness
- Sensuality and Tantric practices
- Astrology and Human Design
- Family Constellations and Ancestral Healing
- Somatic Meditations, Path of Love®, and Osho Practices
- Shamanic Techniques and Plant Medicines
- Energetic Breakthrough Coaching®
The Worldview that informs my Integrative Approach
I believe we’re all spiritual beings having a bodily experience.
To me, living on Earth is like being at school. Therefore every experience we have is meant to help us to evolve and realise our True Nature.
To feel fully supported on this journey, we need to:
- Look after the physical body including our hormones and nervous system (which make up our “earthly suit”) with wholesome foods, exercise, calming practices, and a supportive lifestyle
- Cultivate positive relationships, and active dialogue, with our Heart/
Intuition/ Higher Self/ Unconscious/ Spirit
- Keep upgrading our operating system (our Brain/ Ego/ Logical Mind) so it serves us well in our projects and adventures, rather than keeping us in ‘survival’ mode
Tools & Principles of my Integrative Approach
The principles I follow in my work assume that you:
- Have within you everything you need to heal and thrive
- Are a spiritual being having a bodily experience
- Are here to learn and grow
- Become what you believe, and your mindset is everything
- Direct energy flow where your attention goes
- Affect your mood and physical wellbeing with the foods you eat and the way you spend your time
- Have the power to change anything you want
- Are the only person responsible for your happiness
- Serve everyone around you by loving yourself
- And your life is a reflection of your inner attitudes, beliefs and behaviours
Examples of tools I use in my individual and group programs are:
- Psychology and different therapeutic approaches
- Mindfulness and self-awareness practices
- Self-soothing, loving-kindness, and inner parenting practices
- Working with Archetypes and Inner Child work
- Nutritional and lifestyle optimisation for healthy body function
- Discovering and balancing feminine and masculine aspects to our Self
- Consciousness journeys and Ho’oponopono practice
- Somatic and movement meditations
Ready to change your life?
Your life is precious – so let’s get started!
Professional Bio & Affiliations
Dr Kamila Hortynska is a Clinical Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist -CBT Therapist- providing private therapy, supervision, and training. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS) and accredited by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP). She adheres to their Good Practice Guidelines. She is also accredited by British Association for Mindfulness Based Approaches (BAMBA) and registered on the Mindfulness Teachers Register. She is also a listed member and therapist at the Institute of Psychedelic Therapy (IPT).