Commit to transforming your life before the end of year!
Book today, start your sessions in 2024
Half Price Christmas Special
– £111 per 1h session
You will have 2 months to use it from the date of the 1st appointment
BOOK 8 coaching sessions & get 9th and 10th session for FREE – £1111
( – £111 per session)
You will have 6 months to use it from the date of the 1st appointment
Single coaching session – £222
2 coaching sessions – £333 ( – £166.50 per session)
5 coaching sessions – £777 ( – £155.40 per session)
8 coaching sessions – £1111 ( – £139 per session)
All appointments are currently offered via Zoom
Appointments in-person in Leeds are available periodically
In my experience, clients who commit to a course of several meetings upfront by selecting multiple sessions package tend to receive better outcomes overall!
What you need to know before booking a session or a block of appointments
Practicalities of booking, explanation of how I work, and what you can expect in your journey with me.
What is a Holistic Psychologist & how it differs from how other psychologists work
I explain what is holistic psychology approach and how it specifically looks like it in my work. I also explain how regular progress reviews are a key features of how I work, so that you are always in control of what priorities we focus on.
What’s The Difference
- Has a Doctorate in psychology which is a requirement to register at HCPC as a practicing psychologist.
- 4-5 years of graduate and postgraduate studies including accredited internships and placements in a variety of settings.
- Has to pass multiple exams for accreditation to be able to work in this profession.
- Well-versed and trained in a variety of therapy models and theories, with an emphasis on individual psychological theory and research.
- Able to perform psychological testing and evaluation, often trains, educates and supervises other mental health professionals.
- Usually has to obtain a PGDip, Certificate or sometimes a Masters Degree to complete the training.
- 1-2 years of postgraduate studies.
- Usually is (but may not be) affiliated with and/or regulated by an accrediting body like e.g. BABCP or UKCP.
- Typically trained in one psychological theory and psychotherapy model like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Cognitive Analytic Therapy, Gestalt Psychotherapy.
- Sometimes has little or no training in severe mental illness assessment or intervention.
- 1-2 years of graduate studies, but it is possible to get a counselling certificate with just 60h of online training, although that’s rare.
- Usually is registered with and regulated by BACP, but not always.
- Typically trained in counselling methods rather than particular psychological theories and models.
- Unable to perform psychological testing/evaluation.
- There are great counsellors out there but they are not trained to work with more severe end of the mental health spectrum.
- There is no standard regarding secondary education, it all depends on the organisation.
- There are different Life Coaching Associations, but this profession is not regulated as strictly as mental health.
- The practices offered vary greatly in their focus, but there are many brilliant coaches out there.
- There is little consistency in training and certificate programs, so you need to discriminate and go with what feels right to you.
- Life Coaches are not trained to address mental health concerns or offer therapy. These are usually people for whom this is a second career and they feel a vocation to share their life’s experience in a particular area.
What Others Have Said
“Dr Kamila Hortynska has taught me one of the most important skills in life – how to deal with emotions. We worked together to understand what triggers my stress response and, as a result, I started to exercise more often, eat healthier, meditate on a regular basis, and focus on what truly matters to me.”
I first started working with Kamila back in 2016. I was suffering from anxiety and depression and additionally, I needed help with structuring my life and self-discipline. Kamila’s combination of skills made her the perfect person to assist me. I found her approach truly compassionate and totally non-judgemental. She understood the issues I was facing and helped me work through them.
“Kamila helped me to take some big steps towards a more fulfilling career and a better work-life balance. She helped me to develop a meditation practice. Slowing down and learning to be more present improved the quality of my relationships. Kamilla also helped me to learn how to be self-compassionate.”
Kamila helped me to change my way of life, carve time out for myself, and understand how important it was that I put myself first. She helped me to see things for what they really were. As a result, I began to make better choices in my life. I stopped dwelling on the past and things that I couldn’t change, I became calmer and knew how to put things into perspective and see the bigger picture. I barely recognise the person I used to be!